13 August, 2009

A little trip to the north...

I am in the midst of transitioning to graduate school. In the last two weeks I have moved out of my apartment, gotten rid of about ninety percent of my stuff, moved what I do still own into my friends garage, taken the GRE exam, quit my job of nearly three years, and turned twenty-seven. After all that excitement a long weekend of camping and riding bikes was very much in order.

Friday morning my friend Christine and I took to the road, bikes perched atop the car, and the trunk full of food and camping gear. Our destination, Vancouver Island, with a stop off on Bainbridge Island on the way home to visit my grandfather. I got to try out the new rack on my bike, and use my new panniers for the first time - a wonderful experience all around.

It ended up being quite a bit of driving, but Christine was nice enough to take care of that aspect - props to you for that Christine. Perhaps you should look into long haul trucking? In spite of all the time in the car we got to see some quite beautiful vistas, eat good food while sitting on a beach after taking a dip in a mountain lake, and ride bikes through some wide-empty logging roads. The only two major hiccups were being searched by Canadian customs on the way in, and then walking around Victoria for five hours while we waited to get on the ferry to come back to Port Angeles.

All in all a splendid weekend, and I feel like I have a couple good photos to show for it - there are in fact more photos to come, but I seem to have misplaced the point nd shoot camera.

About Me

A boy who is not so secretly in love with photography.